Monday, March 16, 2009

day 13 - Monday

We went for APPG lesson in the morning as usual. Lesson ended at 12 noon so we went out for lunch. We had no idea what to eat, so we decided to go KFC for lunch. I ordered Zinger meal, one piece chicken and a grilled chicken wing. The grilled chicken wing was tasty though, despite of the fact that it was oily.

After lunch, we went to the nearby supermarket to get some snacks. I bought a packet of sweets and two packets of seaweed. Seriously, the seaweed just tasted damn nice. After that, we went for the afternoon APPG lesson. Mr Ma checked our lab 2 and we were dismissed early.

At around 6pm, we had to assemble at the recreational club level 3 singing hall for social interaction with the local students from the university. After we went in, we were then asked to choose a card from the deck that would decided which table we were distributed to. I got J, so I was in the same group as Siew Bo and three other girls. I remembered that one of the girls' names was called Chen Rong. Clearly they were older than us as they looked very mature. After that, the event started off with a song sang by one of their students. Next was a performance staged by our classmates, Sebastian's group.

here's a peek of it..



After that, there was a dance performance by the local student and next would be the game. They played musical chair, and I was one of people playing. Clearly I am not the kind who would volunteer, so I was sabotaged by the two girls in my table. The forfeit was to do a cartoon dance, which was very lame. So I did our best to avoid the forfeit, and luckily, I managed to avoid it in two turns. The host suddenly suggested that we would switch players, so I sabotaged Nicholas. And who knows, once he got onto the game, he lost. So he had to do the forfeit which was hilarious. Jeremy and a local female student persevered to the end and became the last two survivor. Both of them had to do the forfeit together. After the game, it was Shu Gen and his group's turn. They sang the song "安静" by Jay Chou. Their vocals were indeed the best as many applauded and cheered for them. Aftermath, the lecturer of the university, Mr Jiang gave a welcome speech, after the speech, he invited Mr Chua and sang "朋友" by 周華健. The event ended with their vocals. We went back to dormitory after that. The interaction was meaningful and I hoped that there would be a next event too.

here are the pictures that were taken on that day :